Sunday, June 23, 2013

the weekend



okay so I bought myself a LAMY pen! turns out buying the pen is the easy part,  figuring out how to use it and what kind of ink I may prefer is a totally different and personal thing. I am a follower of the Capitol Hill Blog http://www.capitolhillseattle.com/ , so when I read this week that the Egyptian was going to close I thought ACH! I need to get down there! I think a lot of northwest urban sketchers embrace the sunny days when they can go out and draw unencumbered by rain and flat grey landscapes... but for me I HATE SUNNY DAYS! very short sketch


The Urban Sketchers met in Edmonds,WA today. It felt a little thematic to draw another theater today but because I have a good friend named Daphne this is what I saw


I felt that I was struggling with my new LAMY pen today, the line was too fat, the ink smudgy and not as waterproof as touted. I got some tips from fellow urban sketchers so I am hoping with time I will embrace my new tool


1 comment:

  1. Great sketches! Nice windows and other details. And I just heard the Egyptian might get saved!

    ReplyDelete